MECHANICAL ENGINEER - Raleigh Office
We are currently seeking an engineer with experience in the design of mechanical systems -- from conceptual
to detailed engineering design. Tasks typically focus on piping, fire protection, HVAC, and plumbing system design and may include:
- Estimating heating and cooling load requirements for HVAC systems.
- Equipment sizing.
- Tabulating mechanical utility calculations and establishing requirements.
- Providing preliminary cut sheets and vendor quotes for new generation equipment.
- Preparing general arrangements.
- Reviewing fire protection requirements.
- External static pressure calculations for HVAC systems.
- Preparing HVAC zoning, pressurization and air flow diagrams or P&IDs.
- Tabulating fixture load calculations.
- Calculate hydronic piping pressure drops and size pumping systems.
- Determine plumbing requirements.
- Onsite field verification.
- Participation in project interdisciplinary coordination meetings.
- Collaborating with team members to prepare written mechanical utility narratives to provide to clients.
To qualify for this position, you should:
- Hold a degree in mechanical engineering or have equivalent experience. FE certification is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation. Revit experience a plus.
- Have design firm experience (3-10 years -- can include related co-op/summer job experience).
- Have strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Have a strong commitment to quality, including self-checking skills.
- Be able to identify and assess solution options.
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently at times.
PROJECT LEADER/MANAGER - Raleigh
HIPP is seeking a full-time, experienced Project Leader to assist with managing multi-discipline engineering design projects.
Several years of experience (8+) managing engineering design projects in a consulting environment is required. Managing projects
for FDA-regulated facilities and cGMP design exposure is preferred. Project management experience must include detailed project scheduling
and resource planning for engineering projects. Experience must also include tracking and ensuring projects are completed safely,
correctly, within schedule, within budget, and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Experience providing estimates for proposals is also desired.
College degree in engineering or equivalent is essential; P.E. preferred. Proficiency with MS Project or other scheduling software is required.
PROJECT MANAGER/ENGINEER - Contract
HIPP is seeking a Project Manager/Engineer with a
pharmaceutical, biotech, or industrial background for a local contract assignment. Experience must include
a minimum of 10 years of experience in project engineering and management for an industrial facility.
Project management experience must include:
- Detailed project scheduling, cost estimating, and resource planning for engineering projects
- Ensuring projects are completed safely, within schedule & budget, and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Development of capital budgets; tracking project progress & spending control
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
To apply for a position, submit your resume to email@example.com
HIPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.